Add to basket
- Author: Anne Rice
- Delivery time :
- Country of origin: South Africa Dispatched within 7 working days depending on supplier
- Ships from :
- eB2 436
- Discovery Miles:
- 2 436
Apologies, the product that you have selected currently does not have stock.
Into his nightmarish world of lone and lethal missions, comes a mysterious stranger, a seraph, who offers him a chance to save lives, rather than destroy them. Lucky, who grew up in a New Orleans, son of an alcoholic mother and a murdered father, long ago dreamt of being a priest, craving rituals, taking refuge in history, books and lute music - but instead came to embody danger and violence - now seizes his chance. He is lifted in (angel) time and carried back through the ages to thirteenth-century England, to a dangerous world, where Jews live an uneasy existence, their money coveted and protected by the crown for their function as money-lenders, unjustly despised by the rest.
Into this primitive, treacherous setting, where accusations of ritual murder have been made against innocent Jews, and children have been found dead or missing, O'Dare begins a journey of salvation that leads him from the medieval villages of England to the cities of London and Paris as his quest becomes a story of danger and flight, loyalty and betrayal, selflessness and love.
- Anne Rice
- The Songs of the Seraphim 1
- Chatto & Windus
- Alfred A Knopf (Random House)
- Airports / ireland / export ed
- Width (mm):
- Length (mm):
- Additional Info:
- Anne Rice is the author of twenty-nine internationally bestselling books including 'The Vampire Chronicles' (from Interview with the Vampire to Blood Canticle), and her 'Mayfair Witches' sequence. She lives in Rancho Mirage, California.
Be the first to rate or write a review for this product
Your Recent History
Recently Viewed Items