Add to basket
Guide to the Birds of East Africa (eBook)
- Author: Nicholas Drayson
- Adobe DRM ePub
- Delivery time :
- Country of origin: South Africa The eBook(s) will be available to download in your Digital Library as soon as payment has been processed.
- Ships from :
- eB1 218
- Discovery Miles:
- 1 218
Apologies, the product that you have selected currently does not have stock.
For lovers of Alexander McCall Smith, Nicholas Drayson introduces the charming Mr Malik and the East African Ornithological Society in A Guide to the Birds of East Africa.
Reserved, honourable Mr Malik. You wouldn't notice him in a Nairobi street - except, perhaps, to comment on his carefully sculpted comb-over - but beneath his unprepossessing exterior lie a warm heart and a secret passion. Not even his closest friends know it, but Mr Malik is head-over-heels in love with the leader of the local Tuesday-morning bird walk, Rose Mbikwa.
Little can he imagine the hurdles that lie before him. Even as he plucks up the courage to ask for Rose's hand, thieves, potential kidnappers and corrupt officials, not to mention one particularly determined love rival, seem destined to thwart Mr Malik's chances.
Will an Indian gentleman in the heart of Africa be defeated by the many obstacles that stand between him and his heart's desire? Or will honour and decency prevail?
'A funny, ingenious and touching love story' Joanne Harris, The Times
'A delightful comedy... It invites comparison to The No.1 Ladies' Detective A gency books, but it's original and, if anything, has more depth' Daily Mail
'Sweet, charming and utterly wonderful on the subject of birds' Metro
Nicholas Drayson was born in England and has lived in Australia since 1982, where he studied zoology and a PhD in 19th century Australian natural history writing. He has worked as a journalist in the UK, Kenya and Australia, writing for publications such as the Daily Telegraph and Australian Geographic. He is the author of three other novels, Confessing a Murder, Love and the Platypus and A Guide to the Beasts of East Africa.
- Not compatible with:
- Kindle, Digibook, Verso, RK Book, Pocketbook 306
- Download size:
- 2164 KB
- Digital Rights:
- Maximum Downloads:
- Not Allowed
- Nicholas Drayson
- PENGUIN BOOKS LTD
Be the first to rate or write a review for this product
Look for Similar Items by Category
Your Recent History
Recently Viewed Items
Other products to consider
- Apple iPad 2 32GB WiFi Black (Special Import)
- Apple iPad 2 64GB WiFi & 3G White (Special Import)
- iRiver Cover Story
- Apple iPad1 WiFi & 3G - 64GB (Special Import)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7'' - 512 MB
- Elonex 700EB Colour e-Reader
- Apple iPad 2 64GB WiFi Black (Special Import)
- Apple iPad 2 WiFi White - 64GB (Special Import)
- Apple iPad 2 WiFi & 3G Black - 16GB (Special Import
- Apple iPad 2 64GB WiFi & 3G Black (Special Import)
- Apple iPad 2 16GB WiFi & 3G White (Special Import)