Add to basket
How We Live and Why We Die (eBook)
- Author: Lewis Wolpert
- Adobe DRM ePub
- Delivery time :
- Country of origin: South Africa The eBook(s) will be available to download in your Digital Library as soon as payment has been processed.
- Ships from :
- eB1 207
- Discovery Miles:
- 1 207
Apologies, the product that you have selected currently does not have stock.
How do we move, think and remember? Why do we get ill, age and die? Distinguished biologist Lewis Wolpert explains how cells provide the answers to the fundamental questions about our lives.
Cells are the basis of all life in the universe. Our bodies are made up of billions of them: an incredibly complex society that governs everything, from movement to memory and imagination. When we age, it is because our cells slow down; when we get ill, it is because our cells mutate or stop working.
In How We Live and Why We Die, Wolpert provides a clear explanation of the science that underpins our lives. He explains how our bodies function and how we derive from a single cell - the egg. He examines the science behind the topics that are much discussed but rarely understood - stem-cell research, cloning, DNA - and explains how all life evolved from just one cell. Lively and passionate, How We Live and Why We Die is an accessible guide to understanding the human body and, essentially, life itself.
- Not compatible with:
- Kindle, Digibook, Verso, RK Book, Pocketbook 306
- Download size:
- 222 KB
- Digital Rights:
- Maximum Downloads:
- Not Allowed
- Lewis Wolpert
- Faber And Faber
- BOOK PROMOTIONS
Be the first to rate or write a review for this product
Look for Similar Items by Category
Your Recent History
Recently Viewed Items
Other products to consider
- Apple iPad1 WiFi & 3G - 64GB (Special Import)
- iRiver Cover Story
- Apple iPad 2 64GB WiFi & 3G Black (Special Import)
- Apple iPad 2 16GB WiFi & 3G White (Special Import)
- Elonex 700EB Colour e-Reader
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7'' - 512 MB
- Apple iPad 2 32GB WiFi Black (Special Import)
- Apple iPad 2 64GB WiFi & 3G White (Special Import)
- Apple iPad 2 64GB WiFi Black (Special Import)
- Apple iPad 2 WiFi White - 64GB (Special Import)
- Apple iPad 2 WiFi & 3G Black - 16GB (Special Import