Add to basket
The Mysterious Affair at Styles
- Author: Agatha Christie
- Adobe DRM PDF
- Hercule Poirot Series, Book 1
- Delivery time :
- Country of origin: United States The eBook(s) will be available to download in your Digital Library as soon as payment has been processed.
- Ships from :
- Discovery Miles:
Apologies, the product that you have selected currently does not have stock.
The illustrious career of Hercule Poirot begins with this tale of intrigue. Poirot, a master of inquiry, is called in to investigate the sudden death of elderly Emily Inglethorp at Styles Court in the village of Styles-Saint-Mary in Essex. She has just married for a second time, and Alfred Inglethorp (a former secretary and 20 years younger than Emily) is the new husband. There are many people in residence at Styles at the time of death who can be considered suspects...at the top of the list is Alfred whose name she repeated several times as she was dying. Nervously restrained accusations in the household reach the bursting point. A post-mortem is performed; strychnine is detected. This sensitive situation now requires the utmost discretion. Poirot, a retired Belgian detective, employs investigative methods that inspect every small detail that tells its own story and must fit seamlessly into the whole picture. A shattered coffee cup, a piece of burned paper, an empty box of sedatives, and several wills written at different times must all be considered. Poirot's careful and ceaseless examination of particulars at last bring the complicated events to a precise resolution.
Please Note: This book has been reformatted to be easy to read in true text, not scanned images that can sometimes be difficult to decipher. The Microsoft eBook has a contents page linked to the chapter headings for easy navigation. The Adobe eBook has bookmarks at chapter headings and is printable up to two full copies per year. Both versions are text searchable.
- Not compatible with:
- Kindle, Digibook, Verso, RK Book, Pocketbook 306
- Download size:
- Digital Rights:
- 406 pages every 365 days.
- Agatha Christie
- Nuvision Publications
- Series Title:
- Hercule Poirot
- Mystery Writers of America - Grand Master Award
Be the first to rate or write a review for this product
Look for Similar Items by Category
Your Recent History
Recently Viewed Items
Other products to consider
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7'' - 512 MB
- Apple iPad 2 64GB WiFi & 3G White (Special Import)
- Apple iPad 2 64GB WiFi Black (Special Import)
- Apple iPad 2 WiFi White - 64GB (Special Import)
- Apple iPad 2 WiFi & 3G Black - 16GB (Special Import
- Apple iPad 2 64GB WiFi & 3G Black (Special Import)
- Apple iPad 2 16GB WiFi & 3G White (Special Import)
- iRiver Cover Story
- Apple iPad1 WiFi & 3G - 64GB (Special Import)
- Elonex 700EB Colour e-Reader
- Apple iPad 2 32GB WiFi Black (Special Import)