Add to basket
The Winner Stands Alone (eBook)
- Author: Paulo Coelho
- Adobe DRM ePub
- Delivery time :
- Country of origin: South Africa The eBook(s) will be available to download in your Digital Library as soon as payment has been processed.
- Ships from :
Apologies, the product that you have selected currently does not have stock.
The Winner Stands Alone is the enthralling new novel by the incomparable Paulo Coelho.The story is set during the Cannes International Film Festival and the entire action plays out over 24 hours. Igor is a wealthy Russian businessman. His wife Ewa left him two years ago and Igor has never really come to terms with their break up, especially as Ewa is now remarried to a famous fashion designer, Hamid Hussein. Igor is insanely jealous and when Ewa left him he told her that he would destroy 'whole worlds' in order to get her back, and he intends to keep his promise…Igor has followed Ewa and her new husband to Cannes and his plan is to cause as much violence and destruction as possible until Ewa realises how much he loves her and comes back to him. Ewa loved Igor but she was absolutely terrified of him. She knows that Igor has killed people in the past when he was a soldier, but she also knows a dark secret - that he once cold bloodedly murdered a beggar who was bothering them in a restaurant. Igor is clearly unhinged and he will stop at nothing to regain her love and so he goes on a ruthless killing spree until he tracks down Ewa…The star-studded film festival acts as a backdrop to Igor's maniacal murdering spree and we are ntroduced to various characters along the way, all of whom are desperately trying to get their big break in the shallow world of show business; Gabriela a young and naive actress who is being exploited by her agent and Jasmine a troubled young Rwandan refugee working as a model.The Winner Stands Alone is a gripping, fast-paced thriller, and Coelho cleverly weaves in elements of social satire, poking fun at our celebrity and money obsessed culture.
- Not compatible with:
- Kindle, Digibook, Verso, RK Book, Pocketbook 306
- Download size:
- 2905 KB
- Maximum Downloads:
- Not Allowed
- Paulo Coelho
- HarperCollins Publishers
- Jonathan Ball
I have read and enjoyed many of his books, but this was self-indulgent dribble. I got that he hates the entertainment industry within the first 20 pages, but he carries on and on, page after page. It should have been an amazing book: a serial killer at Cannes, yet I had to force myself to finish the book. Not recommended.
Another great book by Paulo.
Look for Similar Items by Category
Your Recent History
Recently Viewed Items
Other products to consider
- Apple iPad1 WiFi & 3G - 64GB (Special Import)
- Apple iPad 2 16GB WiFi & 3G White (Special Import)
- Apple iPad 2 64GB WiFi & 3G Black (Special Import)
- Apple iPad 2 64GB WiFi Black (Special Import)
- iRiver Cover Story
- Elonex 700EB Colour e-Reader
- Apple iPad 2 64GB WiFi & 3G White (Special Import)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7'' - 512 MB
- Apple iPad 2 WiFi & 3G Black - 16GB (Special Import
- Apple iPad 2 32GB WiFi Black (Special Import)
- Apple iPad 2 WiFi White - 64GB (Special Import)