Install the New kalahari.com eReader App
We’ve launched a much improved eReader app that you can now use on your smartphone. To read any of our eBook titles, you’ll first need to download and install the kalahari.com eReader app. It’s free, and it’s compatible with PC, Mac and most mobile devices.
Install new app now
- If you haven’t already registered a kalahari.com account, please do so now.
- Make sure you have an Adobe ID. You’ll need this once you’ve installed the eReader software.
- To download the free kalahari.com eReader app, pick the device you’d like to read on and visit the corresponding link below, or search for “New kalahari.com eReader” in your App store:
- Windows PC
- Apple Mac
- Apple iPad, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd, 4th, 5th generation) with iOS 4.3 or later (“New kalahari.com eReader” in your App store)
- Android 2.2 (Froyo) devices or later (“New kalahari.com eReader” in your App store)
- Gobii? Continue using your desktop eReader app – nothing’s changed!
- Download and install the new app on your device.
- If this is your first time, you’ll install the new eReader app. If you’ve downloaded the old eReader app before, you’ll now have both the old app and the new app on your device. You’ll identify the new app with the “new” badge.
- Launch your new app.
- Authorise the device with your Adobe ID.
- Sign in to your app using your kalahari.com account details. Forgotten your password? Click here.
How do you download old eBooks into your new app?
- If you’ve downloaded the old eReader app before, you can re-download the eBooks that you’re busy reading into the new app, or those that you’d like to read again.
- Each re-download will count as a new download. If you reach your download limit set by the publisher, don’t worry, you can still access and read your existing eBooks on your old app.
Why you should keep your old app
- Bookmarks from your old app will not be saved in the new app. Keep the old app on your device so that you can refer to your bookmarked eBooks there.
Why jou should get use to using the new app
- Since we won’t be updating the old app, technical issues might crop up later. We encourage you to move over to our new app as soon as possible.
Getting started guides
If you need help learning how to use your new eReader app, select which device you have below and click on the image to download an easy-to-follow PDF user guide.
Still need more help?
Visit the eBooks Help Centre or if you have any questions or need assistance with your new app, our Customer Service agents are available to take your call weekdays 8:00 – 18:00 and Saturdays 8:00 – 14:00 on 0861 525 242.